Last Minute Holiday Gift Guide

So you waited until the beginning of December to do your holiday shopping? Well, me too. It's ok though, because I spend an unbelievable amount of time scrolling through stores online, and I thought it would be cool to come up with a last minute holiday gift guide for everyone, so here it is.

For starters, I personally don't have a lot of extra money to spend on gifts, so I try to look for a few small things to put together to make a bigger gift. It's honestly a lot more cost friendly, in my opinion, plus it's kind of fun hunting for each little gift. With that being said, nothing in this gift guide is going to be outrageously priced.

1. Clothes
Clothes are personally my favorite gift, and I think it's because they're probably the most practical.  It may also be because I just really like clothes. Either way, they make a great gift! My first tip is to check the sale or clearance section before anywhere else, and then proceed to find a discount code to help knock a little bit of the cost off. I do not shop online without some sort of sale or discount, and I find most of my codes on RetailMeNot. A lot of sites also offer 10-15% off for signing up for their emails. I am definitely guilty of creating new email accounts just for that discount. It's fine.

Around this time, a good cozy sweater is always a good way to go. I order a lot of mine from Forever21 (yes, I know they kind of suck as a company) because they're affordable and honestly pretty good quality. I just ordered my self a cute, kind of oversized white sweater that I'm super excited for because I can throw it under a denim jacket and be good to go. Aside from that specific one, they have a huge selection of sweaters and other knitwear to choose from. PrettyLittleThing also has pretty good sweaters, and they almost always have some random 40% off sale going on.

I think t-shirts are also a really great gift, and it's so easy to find a cool t-shirt. PacSun typically has some gems once you sift through the painfully cheesy graphic tees. I like both their men's and women's selections, and a lot of the time they're no more than $30.
My all-time favorite place to get t-shirts from is Urban Outfitters. Are they a little pricey sometimes? Yes. Are they amazing quality and really cool? Yes. You just have to weigh the costs and benefits there. Again, I really like both the men's and women's selections, in addition to their collection of band/musician tees. Urban's tees range in price anywhere from $20-50, but they are one of those places that offers you a discount on your total if you sign up for their emails/rewards program.

There are people out there who really like socks. I am not one of those people, but my boyfriend is, so I've gotten in the habit of buying him a pair or two of interesting socks a year. I always get him Stance socks because they come in a lot of different patterns and graphics, and they're a good little mini gift to throw into that bundle I was talking about. You can also find them at places like PacSun, Zumies, or Tilly's. The ones I find are typically $12-15, which may seem like a lot for socks, but think of them as like a good quality statement piece. Plus the sock-loving subculture of people really appreciates them.

2. Smell Goods
It could just be a me thing but getting body products or candles that smell really good is really exciting! Last year my boyfriend's mom got me a whole bunch of vanilla bean scented stuff and it was honestly my favorite gift.

My first site is kind of a no brainer, and it also happens to be my seasonal place of employment. Bath and Bodyworks is like a one stop shop for all things that smell amazing, and they always have some sort of sale or deal for shoppers to take advantage of- especially around the holidays. They also give a $10 off of $30 if you sign up for their rewards program, which I think is totally worth it. While some of the products may not be the most cost friendly, the deals around the store make it a lot easier and affordable to get some really good stuff. My favorite fragrance lines at the moment are Vanilla Bean Noel from the holiday collection, Champagne Toast, and Teakwood from the men's collection- all of which can be found in body products and candles.

This next place isn't really useful if you're strictly doing online shopping, but you kind some really great goods. TJ Maxx's little fragrance section is known for hidden gems. They have tons of scents at really good prices, even some of the higher ticketed items. Last year I saw a decent sized bottle of Burberry cologne there for like $30, which is a steal if you really think about it. So if you have TJ Maxx close to you, or even a Marshall's, definitely check them out. It can be a bit unorganized, but they have some great stuff.

3. Practicals
For some people, it's a good idea to focus on getting them more practical gifts. Whether it's something that you know they need in their life, or just something you know they'l get a ton of use out of, you can't go wrong.

Know a college student or someone else who just moved into an apartment this year? Consider asking them what they still need to complete their home, or take it upon yourself to get them some essentials. A nice soft, towel and washcloth set couldn't hurt. I've gotten some pretty good sets from both Target and Walmart, but I'm sure a ton of other places have good ones too.

Know a coffee fanatic or tea lover? I am a firm believer that you can never have too many mugs. There's so many different sizes and colors, sayings and designs- there's really a mug (or thirty) out there for everyone. I absolutely love Target's mugs. They have such a huge collection, and a lot of them are $7 or less. Not only are they a good stand alone gift, but they are also great to put a gift card or some other smaller gifts inside of. It's a super simple gift, but also thoughtful and something they could use time and time again. I'm sitting here thinking about a brand new mug with a bag of french vanilla coffee beans tucked inside of it right now- might just have to get myself an early little gift.

Know someone who is keen on organization and doesn't go anywhere without their planner in hand (a.k.a me)? The year is coming to an end, and for some people that means so are the pages in their planner. Listen, there is an entire world of planners that are to die for- like there are so many different formats, sizes, colors, and designs! Of course, I have another Target plug for you guys because that's where I've gotten a bunch of my favorite planners over the years. They range from $9-$15 and have a pretty good selection in-store and online. Also, TJ Maxx usually has a bunch of cute planners to choose from, and if you have enough time and patience to shift through them all, you can find a pretty expensive one priced at $10 like I did this year.

4. Gift Cards
Maybe you don't have time to shop for gifts for everyone on your list, or maybe there's that one person who is honestly really hard to shop for- don't fret because gift cards get the job done just as well, and they're honestly a lot easier on the gift giver.


I hope this post alleviates some of the stress that comes with holiday shopping, and even more-so with last minute shopping. Thanks for reading, and have a great holiday season!

Comments

Popular Posts