Productivity Pressure

I haven’t written anything in a little bit, and the topic of this post is exactly why. I stopped pushing myself to be productive all the time, and I feel like it’s done me some good.


Thanks to some involuntary corona-induced downtime, I haven’t had to stress myself out about getting things done and hammering out content. Before lockdown, I was very much attached to schedules and routines- not really allowing myself any flexibility. Giving myself the chance to relax also opened the door for me to realign with my “why?’ when it comes to writing. As much as I love putting out content and sharing what’s on my mind, I think it’s super important for me to not pressure myself into being productive every day. It’s ok for me to not post multiple times a week. It’s ok for me to take time off from posting when I feel like my content is starting to come from a place of “ok let me put this out so it doesn’t look like I’m slacking” rather than from a genuine place where I actually felt like creating. 


Even outside of blogging or creating other content, it’s vital not to force ourselves to be productive all the time. 
 
You don’t have to force yourself to get things done just because you see other people doing it or because you feel like you shouldn’t be taking as much downtime as you are. Let yourself relax. Pace yourself when it comes to your work if your deadline isn’t rigid. Take your time working on your content or mapping out your ideas. Everyday doesn’t have to be a day where you cross everything off of your to-do list. Everyday doesn’t even have to be a day where you have a to-do list.

All in all, don’t put pressure on yourself to be productive and don’t let anyone else put pressure on you to be productive either. If you can, take your time with whatever you’re working on. Allow yourself to take a breather and relax. 

Comments

Popular Posts